Sunday, 26 January 2014

Beauty Haul!

Hey everyone! Today I'm going to be doing a beauty haul since I have recently gotten some new beauty products and I thought I'd share it with you guys.



MAC Lipstick - Ruby Woo
I absolutely LOVE this lipstick. The colour is amazing and it's the first matte lipstick that I've gotten. I actually got this as a gift from someone, and I am really thankful for it! I love that it gives you a very retro look and really adds that pop of colour. The only problem I would have with this product is that it's quite drying and does pull on your lips when you apply it, however I would definitely continue to use it despite that! I also love the scent of the lipstick.







MAC Eyeshadow - Enviably Fun
I really like the colour of this eyeshadow. It stands out and looks awesome when you apply it with a flat eyeshadow brush that really packs on the colour. 




Priming your eyelids makes the colour stand out more and last longer as well, but I wouldn't say it's a MUST. I do recommend it though since it'll help you get the best colour out of the eyeshadow that'll stay there all day. The primer I've used is the Models Prefer Eye Primer. 


Sportsgirl Lip Jam - Cotton Candy
This 'lip jam' smells so good! (Well it is cotton candy flavour) This lip balm adds a nice shine to your lips as well as adding a light pink colour. It applies really smoothly, but it is sticky. I wear this lip balm quite often and definitely recommend trying it!




Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Sweetheart Valentine
This product is really great! It's long lasting (since it does stain your lips) and gives a great colour. It also has a really minty scent which gives your lips a refreshing feel. The crayon-like applicator allows for smooth and easy application. 




Australis Fresh and Flawless Pressed Powder
I've been meaning to try this product for a long time now, however, every time I go to buy it they never have my colour! So when I saw that they had it this time, I had to get it. This product has gotten some really great reviews and has even been been dubbed an alternative to the MAC Studio Fix Pressed Foundation by Jordy's Beauty Spot (Another Australian blogger). Link:  MAC VS. AUSTRALIS: PRESSED POWDER COMPARISON . I have to say that I am really happy with the results and might even add this to my everyday make up routine!



Lush Popcorn Lip Scrub
For those of you who don't know, Lush is a cosmetics company whose products are all hand made. The company is strongly against animal testing and all their products are vegan. I bought this lip scrub (as well as the Christmas Eve bath bomb) and I'm so glad that I did! This scrub really leaves your lips feeling soft and smooth. I wouldn't exactly say it tastes like popcorn... but it does smell yummy!



O.P.I Nail Lacquer - Stranger Tides, Heart Throb, Lincoln Park After Dark (respectively)


Stranger Tides: This colour is kind of a green/grey colour. It's not overly bright but a noticably unique colour. I also love the fact that you only need one layer of product to get a completely opaque and thick look.

Heart Throb: My favourite nail colour at the moment would have to be light pink nails and this colour is perfect. You do need a couple of layers though so that it doesn't look translucent (picture below only has one layer). 

Lincoln Park After Dark: This may look like a black nail polish, but don't be fooled. Once you apply it to your nails, you can see that it is actually a very dark purple. I have only applied one layer to my nails and I would recommend only applying one layer so that you can see the hints of purple. The more layers you put on, the more it'll look like a black polish.



I hope you enjoyed this post! Please leave a comment and let me know what you think! 

xoxo Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment